top of page
  • ron7732

Hey Ron, Any sensible investment strategy for this economy?

We do get asked these types of questions and with my hat being that of a lawyer I will defer any of you interested in an answer to this question to a gentleman I deem to be one of the most reliable financial commentators i know of for an answer:

Jim Rogers is a hugely successful international investor and author. He is a bow-tied, Yale and Oxford dude whom i have found to be right for decades now and his current words on the above question are:

Commodities: Serious Supply Problems Facing The World

I own commodities because there are serious supply problems facing the world in commodities. If the world economy gets better, wherever it gets better prices are going to get higher because of the shortages. If the world economy does not get better I would rather own commodities because governments are going to print money. They will print more money, and throughout history when governments have debased currencies, when they have printed money, the way to protect yourself and to make money is to own real assets.

For those of you who want some specifics on this – he suggests:

United States Oil Fund LP (ETF) (NYSE:USO), SPDR Gold Trust (ETF) (NYSE:GLD), iShares Silver Trust (ETF) (NYSE:SLV)



1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Step-up in basis at death might go away

Dear Clients and Friends, In late March, a coalition of Senate Democrats introduced the Sensible Taxation and Equity Promotion (STEP) Act. The act would get rid of what’s known as the step-up in basis

Estate planning tips for unmarried couples

Dear Clients and Friends, If you are in a committed relationship but are not married to your partner, estate planning is essential. Unless you each draft a will and designate the other person as a ben

Child custody, Move-Away Orders and California Law

Dear Clients and Friends, In the 2004 family law case of Marriage of LaMusga the court said: “Among the factors that the court ordinarily should consider when deciding whether to modify a custody orde


bottom of page